I have been / am employed by Durham Parks and Recreation.
Please select all that apply.
Durham Community Trail Watch volunteers will be issued a safety vest, please indicate your size.
Please list the following times of availability.
If none, please type N/A.
Please list only medications that medical personnel would need to be aware of in an emergency situation: i.e. blood pressure medications or insulin.
1. I hereby give my permission for my child/myself to participate and be involved in the City of Durham Parks and Recreation's volunteer program.
2. I/my child are acting only in a volunteer capacity for the City of Durham.
3. While serving in this role, I agree that I/my child will follow the policies and procedures for the volunteer program as communicated to me by the Durham Parks and Recreation Department.
4. I understand that there are certain risks inherent in participation in all volunteer programs and activities and use of public recreational facilities which are beyond the control of the volunteer or the City of Durham.
5. I understand and acknowledge the highly contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I/my child may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by participating in any way in any event, program, activity, or reservation taking place at a Durham Parks and Recreation facility or park, and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death.
6. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID19 at a Parks and Recreation facility or park may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, City employees, volunteers, and other participants and their families.
7. The Durham Parks and Recreation department has created new protocols and put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the City cannot and does not guarantee that I/my child will not become infected with COVID-19.
8. I agree for myself/child to adhere to CDC guidelines and NC Department of Health and Human Services guidelines for safety measures regarding COVID-19.
9. Immediately prior to any volunteer service, I have the opportunity to inspect the facility or equipment and notify the program coordinator of any objection to the facility, equipment safety measures or supervision and have the choice whether to have myself/my child participate in said volunteer program.
10. In consideration of my child/myself participating in City of Durham volunteer programs, I hereby release and agree to hold harmless the City of Durham, its agents, employees, officers and contractors from and against all liabilities, claims, demands, judgments, cost or fees, including liabilities, claims, demands, judgments, costs related to COVID-19 including, arising in any manner from and all participation in the program named above.
11. I understand that DPR reserves the right to deny or discontinue the services of any volunteer at any time.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field