The City of Durham Parks and Recreation Department (DPR) will waive rental fees for local non-profits, City of Durham Departments, and Durham County Departments for meeting space
within staffed Recreation Centers, Monday through Friday, between 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., contingent
upon space availability.
• Non-Profits (with required 501(c)3 verification, based in the City of Durham)
• City of Durham Departments
• Durham County Departments
• Organizations registered with and compiled by the Durham City-County Planning
Department (Organization Directory) AND which are active “adoptees” as part of DPR’s
• Use must occur at staffed Recreation Center Monday through Friday between the hours of
9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
• Use must be for an "open public meeting".
• Organization may not charge or solicit any fees, dues, or donations from those attending
• Reservations will be accepted on a meeting to meeting basis.
• Application may be made no more than 90 days in advance.
• Refundable deposit will apply. In addition, the Food Fee and Setup/Dismantle fee will
apply if applicable.
This waiver does not apply to private social functions (weddings, birthday parties, or for individual usage).
If an agency would like to request a waiver or reduction of fees outside of this timeframe and/or these requirements, they may submit a Facility and Field Equipment Waiver Application to DPR for consideration. Requests for fee waivers or reduced fees are determined on a case by case basis for community based events and community fundraisers that are aligned with the Mission of Durham Parks and Recreation. Fee waivers or reduced fees on rentals of facilities and fields must be recommended by the Recreation Advisory Commission and approved by the Director of Durham Parks and Recreation. For an application please visit dprplaymore.org or ask for assistance from a DPR staff member.
This application does not guarantee the availability of DPR location(s). You must have completed all applicable reservation procedures, including but not limited to reserving the facility and paying the required refundable security deposit. You and the organization you represent are required to follow all established permit regulations and DPR rules during and after the event.
*If a Non-Profit Organization, you must attach a copy of the 501(c)3 IRS Determination Letter.
The West End Community Foundation, Inc. schedules facility rentals at the Community Family Life & Recreation Center at Lyon Park. Please visit their website for rental information.
By checking the box, I acknowledge that this request and any subsequent approval or denial does not guarantee the availability of the DPR location(s). I further understand that I must have completed all applicable reservation procedures prior to submitting this application including but not limited to reserving the facility and paying the required security deposit. I further acknowledge that if the request is denied then the organization I represent must pay all remaining fees by the due date. I understand and agree that all established permit regulations and DPR rules will be followed during and after the event.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field