Requests for a facility fee waiver or reduced fees are determined on a case by case basis for community-based events and community fundraisers that are aligned with the Mission of Durham Parks and Recreation. Fee waivers or reduced fees on rentals of facilities and fields must be recommended by the Recreation Advisory Commission and approved by the Director of Durham Parks and Recreation.
• Non-profits with 501(c)3 status.
• Clubs and organizations that provide educational or community program opportunities that are open to the general public and who donate services.
• Groups with a current Adopt-A-Park/Adopt-A-Trail (AP/AT) agreement and evidence of active participation in the program (i.e. progress reports, etc.).
• Groups that have provided park, field, or other facility improvements beyond the scope of the AP/AT program. Improvements must have occurred within the calendar year and be completed prior to the start of the rental. Applicant must provide proof of purchase for materials used in the
project to confirm the value of the improvement (i.e. itemized receipt for donated supplies, etc.)
• City of Durham departments who are utilizing DPR rental space for official City of Durham business.
This application does not guarantee the availability of DPR location(s) and/or equipment. You must have completed all applicable reservation procedures, including but not limited to reserving the facility
and/or equipment and have paid the security deposit and fundraising fee (if applicable). You and the organization you represent are required to follow all established permit regulations and DPR rules during and after the event.
In order for your application to be considered you must complete this list of requirements. If you fail to comply with this list, the application will be denied.
1. Complete the request for reduced or waived fees, partnership/sponsorship addendum and attach a copy of your completed rental or equipment use application for permit.
2. Submit all required information prior to application deadlines outlined on page 2 of this document so it can be reviewed at the appropriate Recreation Advisory Commission meeting.
Please plan a couple months ahead. Any portion of the rental that takes place prior to the RAC meeting must be paid in full and will not be considered for any waiver.
3. You must have paid all refundable deposits and mandatory fundraiser fees prior to submittal in order for your application to be considered. These fees cannot be waived. Attach a copy of the
receipt showing all mandatory fees being paid.
4. If your agency is a non-profit, a copy of your 501(c)3 must be attached.
5. Event must benefit the Durham community and be relative to the mission of DPR.
6. If your agency is a park or trail adopter, a copy of your adoption agreement must be attached.
7. Groups providing park, field or facility improvements beyond the scope of the AP/AT program must provide proof of purchase for materials used in the project. Project must have occurred within the calendar year and be completed prior to the start of the rental.
All renters regardless of waived or reduced fees will be required to pay the full security deposit, application fee, mobile stage fee, picnic shelter fees, concession building fee, extra fees and other fees that are established and associated with cleaning, staff time, setup/dismantle and custodial services. Any
other fees identified in the Council adopted fees and charges schedule as non-waivable.
Applications meeting all requirements detailed above and submitted by the deadline(s) identified below will be considered at the corresponding RAC meeting.
Please note: the RAC does not meet in July.
Example: Application submitted 9/1/2020 will be considered at the 10/14/2020 meeting. All rental fees for the rental prior to 10/14/2020 will be required to be paid in full as they will not be considered as part of
the waiver request.
Application due date for corresponding meeting
January 1 for February Meeting
February 1 for March Meeting
March 1 for April Meeting
April 1 for May Meeting
May 1 for July Meeting
July1 for August Meeting
August 1 for September Meeting
September 1 for October Meeting
October 1 for November Meeting
November 1 December Meeting
December 1 for January Meeting
*You must attach a copy of the 501(c)3 if Non-profit.
By checking the box, I acknowledge that this request and any subsequent approval or denial does not guarantee the availability of DPR location(s) and/or equipment. I further understand that I must have completed all applicable reservation procedures prior to submitting this application including but not limited to reserving the facility and/or equipment and paying the application fee, security deposit and fundraising fee (if applicable). I further acknowledge that if the request is denied or a reduction of fees is granted the organization I represent must pay all remaining fees by the due date and that all established permit regulations and
DPR rules will be followed during and after the event.
Please list all Partners/Sponsors
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field