Little River Lake
- Picnic Tables
Little River LakeLittle River Lake was completed in 1987. When full, it is 549 acres and the average depth is approximately 25 feet. The facility is located at the intersection of Orange Factory and Blalock Roads in northern Durham County.
Little River Lake offers bank fishing. Fishing licenses are required. Little River Lake is a primary water supply for the City of Durham. For this reason, we must limit and control recreational activities at the lake. Please adhere to guidelines and instructions to protect our water source.
- Little River is open to the public Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday from Friday, March 12 through Monday, November 8, 2021.
- Lake hours are from 6:30 a.m.-6 p.m.
The lakes will also be open on the following holidays:
- Good Friday
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Little River Lake Fees
|Activity||City Resident with Play More Card||City Resident without Play more Card||Non-City Resident with Play More Card||Non-City Resident without Play More Card|
|Bank Fishing (per day) Youth / Teen (0-18)||$0||$0||$4.50||$5|
|Bank Fishing (per day) Adults (19-54)||$2.70||$3||$7.20||$8|
|Bank Fishing (per day) Seniors (55+)||$1.80||$2||$6.30||$7|
|Bank Fishing (seasonal) Youth / Teen (0-18)||$0||$0||$15||$15|
|Bank Fishing (seasonal) Adults (19-54)||$48||$48||$63||$63|
|Bank Fishing (seasonal) Seniors (55+)||$32||$32||$47||$47|
|6-Hour Boat / Canoe / Kayak Rental||$5.40||$6||$9.90||$11|
|Electric Motor + Battery Rental (per 6 hours)||$11||$11||$11||$11|
We do not give refunds or free rentals.
To receive the Play More Card discount, you must show your Play More Card to the attendant. Visit our Play More Card page for more information on the benefits program.
Little River Lake Rules
- There is no swimming in Little River Lake.
- Dogs are not permitted in or on the water.
- Personal boats, motors, and batteries are not allowed on Little River Lake.
- Persons renting canoes, kayaks or Jon boats must wear a PFD (life jacket) at all times.
- No smoking, alcohol, or weapons are permitted.
- Lakes may only be accessed during operating hours, Friday through Monday mid-March to mid-November and with a permit purchased at the boathouse.
Personal Flotation Device (PFD) / Life Jacket Rules
All persons must wear a Coast Guard approved PFD at all times.
Failure to abide by City rules or State Law for PFDs will result in the suspension of privileges or fines issued by the NC Wildlife Commission.
Underground Weather Station
Contact Little River LakeFor more information about Little River Lake, please call:
- 919-477-7889, Friday-Monday and mid-March to mid-November
- 919-560-4405, Tuesday-Thursday and mid-November to mid-March